Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tagged: I'M IT!!!! Eight things you may not know about me – I been tagged - By: Michelle LaVon(and on) (Tribe.net) Tue, June 20, 2006 - 5:42 PM


RULES - Once you've been tagged, you have to write a blog with 8 facts/things/habits about yourself, saying who tagged you. In the end you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. No tag backs.

UPDATES/ADDITIONS: (Marked [date: info]) as I think of additions...
[06/21/06: info]
[06/22/06: info]

1) Born

[06/21/06: Samuel Alan Perlmutter changed the last name to Aaron(my fathers first name) in 1996]

and Raised in NJ. Youngest of 4 children. Sister 15, sister 12, brother 6 & me. The reason I'm the youngest is my dad died when I was 10 weeks old

[06/22/06: A No Dad Revelation... would-you-like-to-meet-my-lie-2 ]

and my mother never remarried or moved (or got over his death or his abandoning her). Leaving me in a house of woman... and a pretty bitter Mom. She was bitter before... just his leaving her with 4 kids, one being an infant was just one more thing he did to her (Argh). I was told she use to walk around the kitchen before he died, crying out loud, "Why did God do this to me"... Ahhh... The happiest (and healthiest) place on Earth to grow up.

2) My family, when I was born, were NJ Egg Farmers. I was told my Dad use to walk around with 100lb bags of feed on each shoulder and walk through the coups, feeding the chickens. Sturdy Polish stock. He moved in (I think) 1917 @ 5 from Poland. My mom was a poor NY girl (not a country girl at all!!!) and experienced the Depression and Prohibition... experiencing drunks on home made liquor strewn about the streets of NY or just convulsing outside her window... She also use to talk about buying a new paper, getting a candy bar and seeing a movie with a nickel and getting change or walking 6 miles to save 9 cents on milk when she was older. She pretty much NEVER got to have fun and never GOT to be a kid SO neither could we. So me choosing to be an actor completely was something she did not support or she had any pride in. So she married a farmer (a really hard life) hated it, had four kids and then was left with that life alone... My Mom never celebrated holidays or birthday or such... No presents, no decorations... I remember coming home one day from school, I was probably about 7, during December and saying how all the kids were talking about what they got... and when I told her... she said "their just bragging, just make up something to tell them what you got"... She didn't get I wasn't trying to COMPETE with them or show off... I wanted to know why didn't I deserve something? What did I do wrong? I also remember her re-gifting a toy that someone else gave me... She didn't ask, she just wrapped it up in old wrapping paper... and gave it to someone she use to baby sit... When I questioned her, she just said... "Well, you weren't using it"... I exclaimed "BUT it wasn't yours to give away"... She didn't get it... She could justify anything anytime... and she was NOT responsible for ANYTHING that ever went wrong. Don't get me wrong... I was loved, fed, never beaten or abused, never reprimanded, had a lot of fun and freedom, lived on 32 acres with a lake and was always out wandering the woods exploring... had a lot of friends... So there were really good times... BUT if it weren't for TV, the Brady Bunch, the courtship of Eddie's Father... I don't know if I would have turned out the way I did... Cause I sure didn't get any sense of family from... uhhh my family.

3) I actually received unemployment while going to High School. I worked in An Amusement park 40hrs a week during My senior year of HS and off season (5 months) I claimed Unemployment Insurance... They tried to argue that I was going to HS, But I just said 1) I was going to HS when I was working 40 hrs SO I could, in Theory, still work 40hrs in anther Job... 2) I'M PAYING UNEMPLOYMENT UNSURANCE ON MY PAYCHECKS... I'M UNEMPLOYED... They had to agree... So twice a month I'd sneak out of school early to pick up my Unemployment Check... hee hee...

4) I'm the only person at my community college to ever received 3 degrees at the same time (took 3 1/2). I studied theatre, and at the end of 2 years... about to graduate... It dawned on me... I'm gonna starve!!! (Thanks MOMS voice in my head)... So I tried ONE computer class AND LOVED IT!!! I took every possible course for the next 1 1/2 years... I realised I had earned enough credits for not only the Theatre degree but 2 different computer degrees. When I went to give in the paperwork... I was told you can NOT get more than ONE at a time... I said... What's the difference between getting a degree, and coming back for a 2nd degree... and getting multiple at the same time... she said "THAT'S JUST POLICY"... :-\... She said... WHY DO YOU NEED 3 DEGREES... I told her I earned them and wanted them... and what was it to her anyway??? after a long argument she AGREED to give me 2 degrees... I said "if you can arbitrarily give me 2... GIVE ME 3"... She said "GO DOWN STAIRS AND TELL THE WOMAN YOU'RE GETTING 2 DEGREES"... after a few more heated moments... It dawned on me that "I WAS TELLING THE WOMAN DOWN STAIRS I WAS GETTING 2 DEGREES..." so I said OK... Went down stairs and told her "I'm getting 3 degrees'"... and when I went to graduation... as I gave my name to the person giving out the degrees she exclaimed... "Hey, you're the one getting 3 degrees"... So... I guess I'm a Legend in Toms River NJ... hee hee... THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!???

5) I've worked in PROFESSIONAL (Paid hour 40+ hours week) Haunted Houses, scaring people and directing, on and off for 25 years... and did corporate computer programming for 15 years (Stopped in 99'... Oh I miss the cash and stability BUT Love not being STRESSED)

6) Was married for 10 years... Ended Sept. 2002... she just informed me out of nowhere (Am I thick or what) that "I can't do this any more... I've already been to a mediator, when can you go"...

[06/21/06: OH YEAH... After lots of FUN conversations, she told me she had NEVER Loved me... That will FUCK with ya!!!]

7 weeks later... paperwork was signed... COMPLETELY DEVASTATED ME (and I still have pangs)... BUT I wouldn't have done Burning Man, wouldn't know ANY of you AMAZING PEOPLE so I will thank the universe for the amazing gift of freedom and rediscovery... I was kinda dead BUT Loyal... Loyal... A Samwise Hobbit Trait! ;-D

7) I've been playing/composing on piano (Keys) for over 35 years... (in the womb... hee hee)...

[06/21/06: AND I don't read music...AND my mothers opinion was If "she" didn't know the song I was playing, it's wasn't legitimate music... Hmmm... And I seem to have a block from learning how to read music... coincidence???]

[06/21/06: Wanna Hear some? Don't Judge the recording... I'm NOT a producer... samaaron.com playlist P.S. Internet Explorer seems to be the best browser for this web page...]
[11/01/08: or www.playlist.com ]

I tend lean toward a Peter Gabriel style for my more story/singing based pieces... When I just play it's between old fusion (Rick Wakeman/YES//ELP) and Thick Lush Sweeping movie sound track music. I just finished a Musical with 22 songs... and am just in the processes of fine tuning them (Lyrics and Music)... I WANT to share my music BUT I have NO idea how to... I feel icky going... "HEY... LISTEN TO MY MUSIC... I HAVE A CD??? or COME TO MY HOUSE AND HEAR ME PLAY... I can't bring the piano to the beach like others can bring their guitar and casually start to play... I don't want to BRAG but I would LOVE to share... and have my art be known.

8) When I was 18... I walked into my College counselors office and said "I would like to speak with a counselor/therapist... I don't really have anything in particular that I want to talk about... But I just think I should..." I was assigned a counselor and after one or two session... he remarked... "You know how remarkable you are... You know how many 18 year old MEN, randomly come in and want to examine their lives???" We found some pretty interesting issues... He really wanted me to find ANY OTHER place to live... He said my home was really undoing so much of the work we were doing BUT I had nowhere to go BUT KNOWING how he felt about my family (MY MOM) really help me get that IT WASN'T ME... I WAS FINE... so it really helped me just ignore, almost be amused, by the odd behavior of the others in my home... I went for 10 years (a few different therapists... a few gaps but pretty much 10 years) until I was told that "you share, then you give me your take on the share... and you say exactly what I'd say anyway... you're fine... you're done... you're just as neurotic as everyone else... go out and play"... That was an interesting day... Then about 6 months later... I started enlightenment and life growth work... where healthy (moderately neurotic) people go next... and been doing that on and off for 15 years (and counting)... I life unexamined... is insanity.




7 Comments


Tue, June 20, 2006 - 5:54 PM
Please share your music
Did you say 'musical'? If you plan a party to share your music, I'd be there in a sequin dress and long cigarette. Play and sing your songs yourself, have other people sing them, maybe act them out too. What fun!

Tue, June 20, 2006 - 6:11 PM
Yeah! So when are you hosting a musical party at your house? You wanted to do a potluck, right??

Tue, June 20, 2006 - 6:37 PM
Family Dynamics
My family is a fascinating social experiment, only they don't realize it. And because I'm the "weird one" I can get away with some ridiculous stuff, mostly antagonizing the old people.

Wed, June 21, 2006 - 8:25 AM
Sounds like this plan has started
What else do we need to arange mushy? Musical potluck at your place.... when? ...should I bring the popcorn? : )

Bee

offline
Wed, June 21, 2006 - 8:34 AM
Musical *grin*
Hey,
do you know that I have 10 years of classical singing training (Operetta, Opera, Musical and so on). I also teach piano. Have started to play when I was 10. I'd love to see if there is maybe a part for me in your musical??? :o)))
Please let me know! I am an Alto. I can play men...haha...lol

Wed, June 21, 2006 - 12:26 PM
Need a drummer?

Sat, June 24, 2006 - 12:15 AM
Sounds like a good party Sam . . .
When's it gonna be?!

No comments: