Saturday, November 1, 2008

Blast from my Musical Past... Circa 1983... SO MANY DREAMS (Tribe.net) Mon, August 11, 2008 - 11:32 AM

I probably wrote this circa 1980 and played it in a few bands
BUT this is the Version I just found on cassette and have spent 3 hours...
Figuring out how to get it digitized...
then mp3 it...
and then loaded up to the Internet (and my mp3 player)...

Odd how the universe works...
I saw someones poetry online...
Thought...
Hey, what were the lyrics to that song I wrote & played in those band...
Hey, I'll try to put them in a word document...
Damn... what were they???,
Hey, I'll see If that OLD cassette is around...
Hey, It's the first tape I find...
Hey, I should digitize this...
Hey, I think I can digitize this... (I LOVE MY NOTEBOOK AND Wireless Internet!)
Hey, I think I'll put this up on the net!

And so you have it....

(Pardon the simplicity of the lyrics at times... I was 18)
(I'm doing keyboard and both the lead and background vocals... I had a YAMAHA 4 track!!! :-O WOW!!!)

So Many Dreams

LYRICS:

(a)
The night is young, I sit alone, with my mind
…and I think what bad company I keep…
The night is done, I sit at home, one more time,
…and I think that I shall never get to sleep…

CHORUS:
For there’re so many dreams
I have to make true
and I’ve done my time
of being blue
I’ve sat back and schemed
I fantasize too
and I’ll make them work
and so can you

(a)
No one seems to ever mind, that I’m here
but do they know, really who I am
No one seems to find the time to be sincere
and no one tries to truly understand

(b)
That I want to be with those I feel like
Those that make me smile and feel right
So deep I feel this smile inside me
This worm and happy force that guides me

(c)
Just one small chance, Just unlock the door
that’s all I want, I won’t ask for more
All I want is, Is that you understand
All I want is, It that you know that I am

(a)
There are times I’ll take the time to “LOOK AT ME”
I try so hard to make them look and see
Now I have reason and rhyme, I need no one
I put myself, second next to none

(d)
I’ve spent my life, trying to give myself away
I’ve spent my life, Looking for words just right to say
Now I think that, I’m gonna try some different ways
Now I think that, I’ll make myself those brighter days

(a)
Time goes by as I perform, for myself
No one buys a ticket to my show
Feelings fly as I write songs, for the shelf
It’s OK, soon everyone will know

Chorus:
That there’re so many dream
I had to make true
And I need myself
Much more than you
I sit back and scheme
I fantasize too
and I’ll make it work
with or without you

For there're so many dreams
I had to made true
and I’ve done my time
of being blue
I’ve sat back and schemed
I fantasized too
and I’ve made them work
and so can you…

1 Comment


Wed, August 13, 2008 - 8:38 PM
The song and your hair are very Beatle-esque! Keep rocking Samwise!!!

No comments: