Saturday, November 1, 2008

Body Lab... Experiment - Start Date 08/04/08 - Current Date 08/09/08 (Tribe.nt) Sat, August 9, 2008 - 8:42 AM

I'm trying some radical changes in food...

But is it so Radical?

I continue to choose to enjoy my vices... caffeine, alcohol and other things... on a moment to moment basis...

BUT I choose to change my regular gluttonous and unthoughtful eating intake...

So... since 08/04/08... I've been living on Protein Shakes, coffee and alcohol... :-O

:-D

Down about 7 lbs in 6 days...

GorgJosh (That's how I spell it, Rather than the Presidential Ticket - Gore-Josh) has suggested FIBER... His suggestion, oatmeal and Whole Wheat Bread with Peanut butter... Man after 5 days... 1 slice, folded over some Peanut Butter was AMAZING!!!

Also added Wheat Germ to my apple juice, Frozen Strawberry, protein Powder shakes...

And Josh also got me on Omega 3 Fish Oil (doin 1200ml/3 times a day) and some One a Day MALE Vitamins)

NOW... AS I go to a wedding today... I plan to enjoy it... Kinda like my vices... SO... I'll EAT... BUT I do not plan on stopping my Lab... Just NOT being tough on myself BUT am trying to be more FOCUSED and CHOOSE more... Most of the time my MOOD chooses (which is my emotions/Ego) or my PAST chooses (Habit and Ritual) or THE food CHOOSES (It LOOKS good, Smells good, is FREE, Is convenient). ALL of these are CRAPPY reasons to put something in your mouth. (Insert your OWN joke... I'll wait...... ...... ...... ...... ......)

When you use these reasons, unless you are being REALLY aware... you probably are eating things that are NOT fulfilling the true purpose of eating... NOURISHMENT and FUEL. And this wonderful experience turns into just another VICE... a FIX... a temporary stimuli to make you feel ANYTHING but the way you are CURRENTLY feeling... And from the past, when we've done these things... it's usually better... OR it was better ONE TIME... and we are trying to get that feeling BACK... that's why we repeat the pattern OVER and OVER and OVER... (Wow, I just got that...)

For the time being... I'm going to stop the insanity... and be EXTREME... Just while I recalibrate...
or perhaps...
It's not that extreme...
USE RECREATIONAL VICES ONLY RECREATIONLLY,
when YOU choose freely...
and CHOOSE to put them where they belong in your life NOT everywhere...

(That also kinda makes their use actually kinda Special!!! Kinda? I think it's the caffeine... hee hee)

P.S. Exercise to follow... I KNOW, I KNOW... But let me change ONE neural pathway at a time... GEEEZE!!!

------------------ Comments -------------------

6 Comments


Sat, August 9, 2008 - 8:49 AM
I am working on this, too....trying to be mindful about when and why I go on drinking binges. Sometimes giving myself permission to do so (when all my ducks are in a row and it will be harmless.) Everything in the world is a Medicine--food, drugs, people, activities, thoughts, even opinions and attitudes are Medicine. It's a matter of harmonizing them and balancing them.

Thanks for another great blog!

Sat, August 9, 2008 - 9:43 AM
Why don't you just finish it off...
Hey there is a piece with your name on it....
I got this for you.....
Lets go eat something....
Its hard to say NO sometimes but these are the things that make me go over my calorie limit.
It takes me a long time and although I've dropped about 16 pounds it has taken months.

Good work Sam! I'll see you at the wedding as well and I guess its one of those times when I have to have a small piece of cake.
It feels so much better to be healthy at a manageable mass and the obsession at my age with all the weights, hiking and yoga, flexibility.

Sat, August 9, 2008 - 1:22 PM
Sam,

I truly have no idea what to make of this diet you're on.....
I really don't. I have all sorts of conflicting thoughts about it. Some are really positive & thinking it's cool! Some a little worried for you--
but what's important is, I doubt you'll harm yourself; and YOU'RE happy.
Those things of course matter waaaaay more than any judgment I might make.

But the gist of my comment here is--
I LOVE reading what you write!
It's so YOU!
I can totally hear you speaking in my head as I read this.
(and no, there's not any medicine for that; and no, I don't want any anyway!)
I wish you'd write blogs about your thoughts & experiences, more often!!

One thing that DOES worry me terribly--
Did you notice, in the photo you have posted along with this blog--
Your spine isn't straight! Technically, you have scoliosis.
(Believe me, I know all about scoliosis, after my skating crash.)
And your lungs are black!!

But man, that diet sure has muscled you up. And look how happy you are! You're glowing!
See why my reviews of your diet are so mixed??!

Sat, August 9, 2008 - 2:45 PM
Go vegan - trust me, taking meat off your diet will be a great relief for your body!

Sat, August 9, 2008 - 3:26 PM
VeganSkater & Yair!!!
VS... You made my protein shake come out my nose!!! AND It's really THINK!!!

Yair... The protein in my shake is BEEF!!! (That's how I get it really think and frothy!)

Mon, August 11, 2008 - 5:20 AM
Lose the alcohol....... especially if you're not consuming much else. Your liver will thank you.

No comments: