Saturday, November 1, 2008

New Tools... (Tribe.net) Sat, July 1, 2006 - 10:55 AM

When all you have is a hammer... Everything looks like a nail!

I spend a lot of my time seeking, learning, exploring, trying on new ways of living my life day to day...
Somethings don't work BUT unless you try them... You don't know?

Sometimes seeing or experiencing someone else doing it clues you in that that's NOT what you want to do
BUT
Sometimes it's not clear... and you wonder...

The only thing you do know is...
what you are currently doing is NOT working...
That is...
If you take the time to be AWARE and NOTICE it something YOU'RE DOING...

One tool I like is...
1) DO WHATEVER YOU DO...
2) CHECK IN TO SEE THE RESULTS YOU GET (FROM DOING WHATEVER YOU DID)...
AND
3) THEN ADJUST...
And THEN REPEAT!!! (Like Shampoo) hee hee

Most of the time...
we don't do 2)
and
we are far to brilliant (or is that INSANE) to ever do 3)

When it dawns on me... I get to get off the Hamster wheel... at least till I fall back asleep at the wheel and get back on again...

I LOVE SIMPLE TOOLS: Things that just gently, intelligently, simply move me into another thought... an exploration into something different... IF the thought I am currently having does not serve me or anyone...

My NEWEST TOOLS: (2 tools)

1) "No Circumstance Requires a Negative Conversation."

Simple: The negative conversation (I'm stupid, no one will ever love me, I'm insignificant, I'm an idiot, I'm ugly, I'll always be alone...) is NOT required... No Bad or Wrong... so I don't even have to have a negative conversation about my negative conversation... Just understand for a moment... that THEY are NOT REQUIRED...

For me... That completely removes all the weight from them...all the significance... and I seem to immediately let them go... or at least... it lightens for the moment... opening up something that wasn't available before.

2) "When you remove the Negative Conversation, what's left?"

TO ME... This is NOT a question to be answered intellectually at this moment... It's a tool to use when you are having a negative conversation... when you become aware that you are deep in it... it's running you... it's giving you your experience of life at that moment...

Just think...

Hmmm... If I removed this negative thought... Just for the fun of it... just out of curiosity... what would I be left with... what else is there under it, behind it, on either side of it, even inside it? Just exploring the REST of the space? Maybe there are some good things you are NOT seeing... Perhaps... there is NOTHING... which is really quite ZENish? Emptiness, like a blank canvas... gives you the opportunity to create something NEW...

But
whatever is LEFT...
whatever shows up when you have this conversation with yourself...

IT AIN'T NEGATIVE...

and that's all I wanted to get to anyway...

----------------- Comments ----------------

7 Comments


Sat, July 1, 2006 - 11:25 AM
Stupid question: Negative conversation with somebody else, or negative conversation with yourself?

Sat, July 1, 2006 - 2:27 PM
There are no Stupid questions...
Unless you count... "Is this a stupid... Am I being Stupid... Would I be Stupid if...?" Because Stupid is in the question... I'm just being silly and digress (as usual)

>Stupid question: Negative conversation with somebody else, or negative conversation with yourself?

Well... Let me think about it. (I'm riffing so don't hold me to it.... BUT...)

With yourself "definitely"...

With someone Else???

Well... If you are talking to someone who has NOTHING to do with the negative conversation... If it's to blow off steam WITHOUT dumping, without DEFAMING someone else... That's gonna happen and initially, if it doesn't grow beyond that initial BLOW OFF... That's ok-ish...

IF IT GROWS... That's a problem... Now, not only are you in a Negative conversation, your either INFECTING or being INFECTED by it... Language is a VIRUS... and it comes with symptoms... anger, lethargy, anxiety, exhaustion, fatigue... blah, blah, blah... Notice, when you lose a negative conversation... there is a shift in experience...

So know that not only are you fueling a negative conversation... your co-infecting the space... how icky is that!!!!

NOW... If you are bringing the negative conversation to the person you are having the negative conversation about SO AS TO TAKE ACTION... and clean it up... Then this is a positive action because the ACTION... the PURPOSE... is to clear the space.

NOW!!! This negative conversation is NOT an ATTACK OR a DUMPING... It's a revealing of what's been going on in your head... a confession... an admittance that you have been concealing something... you have NOT been authentic with yourself or others... which creates really nasty internal conflict and turmoil... This is also why you bring it out... so you aren't left with the festering boil in the bowel of you gut/mind. You do NOT defend your negative opinion, you reveal it... and NOT apologize for having it BUT apologize for NOT being open... not keeping the communication open... and then LISTEN...

NO matter what happens... you've gotten offending infection cleaned out... so you can heal.
Sat, July 1, 2006 - 8:39 PM
Hmmm that "negative conversation" thing sounds VERY familliar! :)

Sun, July 2, 2006 - 9:34 PM
preach it my brother

As usual, just what I needed to hear at an excellent time for me to hear it.

Mon, July 3, 2006 - 8:12 AM
Familiar... Hmmmm... Ain't that funny...
>(Krystal) Hmmm that "negative conversation" thing sounds VERY familliar! :)

Yup... It's called being human...

It's really simple...
we can either have a negative conversation,
a positive conversion
-OR-
NO CONVERSATION (Zen)...

BUT (Here's the human part)...

WE DON'T GET TO CHOOSE THE FIRST ONE WE GET... IT JUST HAPPENS!!! (NEG, POS, NO)
Like standing outside when if first starts to rain, it just starts to get you wet...
THEN you get to CHOOSE how long you want to stay in the rain? how wet is wet enough? what is available other than standing outside? is there an umbrella? is there shelter? is the rain warm and cleansing? is it cold and stinging? is it becoming hail? do I need to stay in the rain to experience a rainbow?...???

Without these inquiries... we just stand there and feel "This is my life... Here AGAIN in the rain..."... and stand there and stand there and stand there... Your EXPERIENCE(conversation) of life at this moment is not an accident... it is by design.

IF you don't like it... change something... alter the recipe -or- don't be surprised when you get the same cake... CHOOSE.

Tue, December 11, 2007 - 8:51 PM
So right!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Tue, December 11, 2007 - 9:03 PM
Now the trick...
Is getting it out of your head and into your heart!

No comments: