Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Pit... (Tribe.net) Fri, August 8, 2008 - 5:58 PM

Day 1:
I Walk down a road, fall into pit, it's dark and frightening,
I scream, I yell, I cry, I kick, I scratch, I claw, I climb and
eventually find my way out...
I look back at the hole and damn it.
and continue on...

Day 2:
I Walk down the same road, fall into the same pit,
it's dark and frightening but familiar,
I scream, I yell, I cry, I kick, I scratch, I claw, I climb BUT not as long as the first time and
find my way out...
I look back at the hole and damn it..., but not quite as energetic...
and continue on...

Day 3:
I Walk down the same road, notice the hole, try to avoid it, BUT fall into the same pit anyway,
it's dark and annoying but familiar,
I scream, I yell, I cry, but mostly out of frustration, I kick, I scratch, I claw out of righteousness, I climb BUT am becoming familiar with the foot and hand holds, and though there is effort, I climb out with great focus and
find my way out...
I look back at the hole and damn MYSELF...,
and continue on...

Day 4:
I Walk down the same road, notice the hole, try to walk completely around it, BUT can't take my eyes off it and fall into the same pit anyway,
it's dark, but my eyes adjust very quickly,
I mumble under my breath mostly out of self annoyance and the stupidity of the world, I climb AND am QUITE familiar with the foot and hand holds, and with only minimal effort, I climb fairly quickly and
find my way out...
I look back at the hole and shrug my shoulders...,
and continue on...

Day 5:
I Walk down the same road, notice the hole, walk completely around it, BUT turn around and peer down it fascinated and fall into the pit anyway,
it's dark, but this is not an issue, my eyes don't even need to adjust to start my ascent,
I pontificate loudly to myself and any passer by, how you can't avoid these pits, it's just the way it is, I quickly climb out, with little effort and
find my way out...
I glance back at the hole and raise one eyebrow...,
and continue on...

Day 6:
I Walk down the same road, aim right for the hole, JUMP into it,
it's dark and comfortable, I muse at the dirt and rock and things in the pit that have fallen in and take my time, I leisurely start to leave,
I have nothing to say, I just climb out, with expert speed and
KNOW my way out...
I continue on without looking back...,
and continue on...

Day 7:
I CHOOSE A DIFFERENT ROAD!!!

---------------- Comments ----------------

7 Comments


Fri, August 8, 2008 - 6:04 PM
*KK moves to next street. Digs new pit*
Hey!
Sam!!
Over here!!!
KK

Fri, August 8, 2008 - 6:19 PM
Sometimes I think that I go lookin' for a pit...

Fri, August 8, 2008 - 8:56 PM
Looking for the pit... (Arell)
That's Somewhere between Day 4 & 6...

For so MANY silly reasons...
-To prove it's NOT a pit,
-to prove that it's not a BAD pit,
-to show that I wasn't DUMB and it was INTENTIONAL that I chose that pit,
-to justify the LAST pit,
-to CHANGE the pit
To name a few...

Don't avoid the road, which puts attention on it (and takes effort),
LEARN that there are an infinite number of roads AND a FINITE amount of time.
If a choice doesn't work, then choose to learn, be wise, and choose again...
And share the path... a MAP can be a life/time saver...

K-

offline
Sat, August 9, 2008 - 4:29 AM
:)

Sat, August 9, 2008 - 8:42 AM
My day 7 (I hope):

I walk down the road, gazing up at the pretty sky.
Staring at the wildflowers, I skip jauntily along.
Eventually, I realize I'm halfway down the road, and I haven't seen that pit I used to keep falling into.
I squint my eyes to locate it back down the trail, and can't discern it from the pattern of light and shadows thrown by the flowers and foliage.
I smile, and skip the rest of the way.....

Until a new obstacle starts the cycle again! Yeehaw!

Thanks for the poem, Samwise! Really made me think this morning.

Mon, August 11, 2008 - 5:17 AM
"And why do we fall?"...........
"And why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."
Thomas Wayne

Mon, August 11, 2008 - 7:54 AM
But... Why do we fall again???
Because... we didn't learn...

-or-

We are addicted to the struggle...

No comments: