Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Recent Snuggle Conversation... (Tribe.net) Mon, December 19, 2005 - 1:00 AM

Around Fri, December 16, 2005

<>: added explanation


Samwise wrote:



I agree about the "Slut" word...

I also feel as people are becoming more comfortable with the idea ... some people are just learning to be close physically... a harsh sounding word may make them hesitate and move away... it's not very embracing... in fact it also has a very selfish conotation... and Hugs and Snuggling is nurturing... It's no fun hugging/snuggling someone who doesn't want to be hugged/snuggled.

????? wrote:
awesome comments. exactly. and how are we turning the word slut into a positive term by this "identification" with the word? It would turn away gentle people. and its minimizing the intimacy into the " meaninglessness of a slut's affection"...

Samwise wrote:

There are a lot NON-Snugglers (more male sluts... there) who don't seem to embrace the concept of embracing.

I'm not saying things can't develope BUT that's not the reason to snuggle...

I created a moderated group for LA
1) to make sure the intent is understood
2) the group is good for all in the group
3) so we could actually snuggle... It's hard to snuggle from a few thousand miles away... and virtual snuggling is not even a close substitute... I've got LOT'S of good friends I mentally and spiritually know embrace me... so encouragement online is NICE but not why I'm here. As Peter Gabriel would say "I need contact". ;-)

????? wrote:
nice you have formed a snuggle group...
great idea for every town...

some men are too repressed and homophobic to snuggle... they may like sex tho...

you've inspired me about snuggle groups... in my super small community i find weird dynamics are common... a big city would be easier to set up a club...

Samwise wrote:
Subject Re: About Snuggle'n...

I can't imagine how a snuggle group could be a good idea GLOBALLY... unless there were subsets within the global community.

There is currently cuddleparty.com

I never got the concept of NOT likeing affection? I like sex but if I have the option of isolation or true authentic warmth and contact... Why choose isolation. Some people (usually men but I've met some reltionshiply stunted women as well) seem to only seek the satisfaction of the drug of sex... After the fix, they want to be left alone, they consider the act was about personal gratification and the other person just was a sexual aide. That's ok if the other person mutually used that person. Hey, we self gratify... nothing wrong wil mutual self gratification... company in the process... But there is also a LOT to be said for deeper, more profound sharing of intamacy that may or may not lead to sex. I'd rather SLEEP with a beauiful, nurturing woman than sleep alone. Some nights I may need the space to just be alone BUT typically, since this is always an option... sharing my space is more of a treat and incredably sweet.

Super small communities... have people like you in them... don't sell it short... You're there... who knows who else is pineing for such a group. You may only need 5 or 8 to start... and they'll tell friends...

I think once a group starts... you almost want to NOT allow everyone to join... You will either need to moderate OR only allow referals. People who the people in the group are comfortable with and feel safe to invite.

No comments: